Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Blessing

As I said in my last post, our life had been a blur these last two months. There have been no catagory 5 storms but so many 1, 2 and a few 3 storms that we have only been able to keep our head above water.

Mostly, it has been health. A Two-Month Cough/Fatigue virus has been passing through the family. It started in July with Julia, the boys got it late July and then I got it August. It delayed the start of our school year. It was so bad for me (I had other health issues that I can't mention here..) that I could only keep up with the major things and blogging had to be put aside for a while. The added pressure of doctor bills put a strain on our finances. And it was just plain discouraging for me. So that sums up the bad.

The good in all this is that before the boys were too sick we finished the medieval study with friends. Through the gift of some money, we were able to buy a quality bread machine and have made lots of good whole wheat bread. The Lord has provided for our needs and we have never gone without. The boys have started school and are diligently settling into a good routine. All of the children are finally feeling better. Some of my issues are coming into balance.

As I write this, it doesn't seem so awful. But as many of you know, when you are in the midst of your own storm, the waves seem very high, the winds strong, and the clouds so very dark. Assuredly, I am never alone. My heavenly Father watches over me constantly and hears my every cry. The Holy Spirit is with me to comfort and guide me. I am learning that we will never be "storm-free" but that we are never alone in those storms. And that if we will allow Him, He will fill us with His peace in and through those storms.

So that is the good, the bad and the blessing. All that the Lord does for us in the midst of life is the ultimate blessing.


May you revel in His blessing today,

No comments: