Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Road Back

Twelve years ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, (RA). It is an "incurable" disease. I have lived in pain every day for 12 years. Most people don't really know what it is or how serious it is.
In the beginning, I went the medical route. Taking drugs to help the disease while the drugs are causing new problems just didn't make sense to me. I just knew there had to be a better way. So for 2 years I tried almost everything alternative while still taking small doses of Prednisone. Then, through divine intervention, I was able to wean off the steroid and live on aspirin for the last 10 years. Yes, I have damage in my joints and lack of mobility. But I would rather deal with that then start up more problems by taking the destructive drugs. The good news was that I could at least function to care for my family and teach my children. Not at 100% but at least enough to manage.

In this last year, my health has steadily gone down hill. I'm at the point where I have to do something. My husband and I have been desperately praying that God would show us what to do. I really didn't want to take the heavy medicine but couldn't see another option. I stumbled across a recommendation for the book, The New Arthritis Breakthrough, by Henry Scammell. Needless to say, I was cautious and a bit skeptical. I have seen lots of remedies for RA and most were worthless. So I borrowed the book from the library to see for myself.




I am no longer a skeptic. Bob and I read the book and believe that this is the journey we should take. The evidence is compelling. The medical testing is authentic. It is a medical therapy that goes for the cause not the symptoms as all the other drugs do.
The basic premise is that RA, Lupus, Scleroderma, Fibromyalgia, Spondyloarthropathy and other forms of arthritis are caused by mycoplasma activity. Mycoplasma are infections. The immune sytem is not going haywire. It is reponding to an infectious agent. The treatment is antibiotics of the tetracycline family because these have been proven the most effective. The side effects are practically non-existent. About 85% of the patients experience complete remission. This is not a new theory. Dr. Thomas Brown researched and treated 1,ooo's of people for 40 years.
I don't have the space here to give you all the facts on why this treatment is so amazing. Please do the research for yourself. Read the book. It is a must! You may decide not to choose this treatment but make an educated choice by reading the book and information on the websites.
Here is a link to a video of Dr. Brown discussing the research behind this treatment and interviewing patients who were treated. Much of the medical research behind the therapy is shown here. (Dr. Brown has passed away and this was taken 10 years ago.)
The Road Back Foundation was formed to support the people using this therapy and to continue to educate, inform and get the word out. Extensive information here. Bulletin board for discussion and questions.
The Rhematic.org site is also extremely informative and has a Yahoo group that provides support and answers questions for anyone wanting to know more. Lots of tesimonials of people who are well today.
I don't give my recommendations lightly. This is something worth serious consideration.
So now I am on the journey to take my life back. One step at a time, I am on the road back.
With hope,

2 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Hi Gloria!

Oh, sister, the pain you have been in for the past 12 years! Thank you for sharing your struggles, I know how to pray more effectively now.

I am thrilled the the Lord has led you to this opportunity. Isn't so awesome and doesn't feel like such a gift when you struggle with something for YEARS and He seems to break through in His perfect timing to bring clear answers to your prayers? I too am experiencing a bit of this. I thought it would feel differently when the answers finally came, I guess, to be honest I really wondered if they ever would. But now that they have I am overwhelmed by the feeling of it being such a GIFT from Him. Does that make sense?

Anyway, rejoicing with you, sweet sister. May He continue to light your path and may you feel His presence each step trusting the He is leading you!

Amazed by His Grace,

Michelle
She Looketh Well

Gloria said...

Yes, Michelle,
God is so good to us! He never fails. Our timing is not His and often we wonder why things happened the way they did. But we know He loves us and wants the best for us.
Thanks for the sweet comment!
Blessings,
Gloria