Thursday, July 9, 2009

Busy, Busy!

Life has been very busy lately. I haven't posted in a while because I just haven't had time. Since I last posted we hosted our home church at our house. Also on that Sunday we had a graduation party for Julia. We had so much fun with over 60 people attending the party.

Then after a nice week of catching up we spent the evening of July 4th at a friend's house with her family and parents. We cooked out and ate great food, way too much! Then we had our own little fireworks display complete with sparklers.

We are now packing to go on a cross country trip to see some family in New York. It will be 2 days of driving to get there. Touring the Adirondacks and upstate New York will be a new experience for me and the children. It's where Bob grew up but he has been there in years. I'll post about it when we return.

A sweet and generous friend recently gave me a grain mill. This is such a blessing from God. I have been wanting one for a while now ever since eating another friend's wonderful bread. She also passed on her supply of wheat berries and such so I am all set to start on a new chapter of my life, bread baking!

Another exciting thing is how well I have been feeling. The antibiotic therapy is really working! I have no more body aches. I can walk and move so much better. No more crutches. And to top it off, I am no longer anemic. I have been anemic most of my life. My levels went from 10.8 (which is below the normal range of 11.6) to 12.5! Wow! I am so blessed.

Well, the beef in the crockpot is done so I better go can it up. Never a dull moment around here!

Hope you have a wonderful week and see the hand of God in your life.

Blessings,

4 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Oh Gloria, I am so happy to hear about your health improving!!! God is so good, isn't He! Praise His name!

I read one of my favorite verses today.

This God is our God forever and ever and He will guide us even until death. (Ps. 49??)

THIS GOD IS OUR GOD!!!!!

Amazed by His Grace,
Michelle

The Cole Family said...

We have a great bread recipe if you ever need one! Let me know.

That is great about your health!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Have a safe trip and keep us posted about your bread baking adventures. I began grinding and baking my own a few years ago after having a serious health issue. It took only a few loaves before I was back to normal. There is a lot of good nutrition in those homemade loaves. Happy baking.

Blessings,

Victoria

Jacque said...

Hi Gloria! I am so glad to hear your health is improving! What a blessing! Wow on the anemia and antibiotic therapy. I am just so happy for you.
And, yay for the friend who gave you the mill! THAT is awesome~

I hope you all have a great time visiting and have good weather and driving. Be blessed and healthy.

~J