Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strawberries!!

Oh, I love strawberries!
I went strawberry picking with my 3 children and we were able to get 57 pounds of berries in about an hour the picking was so good.  I wish I had a picture of the berries before we cleaned them.  They were huge!!
 They were so sweet and juicy we were able to make 72 1/2 pint jars of jam!!  Yum! Yum!  That will sure taste good when the cold weather comes again.
Canning is something I absolutely love to do.  I only learned since we moved here and I just enjoy doing it!
 This is the first time in about 3 years that we got enough strawberries to put up an good amount of jam and we are so grateful!

Do you like to can, too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Gloria, I do!

In fact, like you, I learned just two years ago. It was something that I wanted to learn, but was a bit afraid to try.

I'll be doing the strawberries in the crock-pot and then putting in the jars.

Thank you for sharing.